£300 + VAT (£360) full CIRIA member/SMEs/Local Authority member
£350 + VAT (£420) Non members
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book this training course please email your request to email@example.com in the first instance.
8 June 2021 session 1 (1.15pm start time)
9 June 2021 session 2 (9.15am start time)
Delegates must attend both sessions to gain 6hrs CPD.
Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) make a vital contribution to managing local flood risk and water quality as well as providing opportunities for biodiversity and amenity in new developments and redevelopments. SuDS are required in all new major developments and over recent yeas delivery in the UK has steadily increased.
This course takes the information and experience from recent projects to provide information that will help those who are involved in constructing SUDS to avoid common pitfalls and improve the quality of delivery on site. The training will build on the information presented in SUDS guidance and will cover strategic as well as practical issues of delivering SUDS in the built environment.
Who should attend
This engaging course is designed for those that will be managing, supervising or inspecting SuDS construction on site. It is assumed that they have a good basic understanding of the need for SuDS, the different methods that are available and the overall philosophy of SuDS design.
The training will be relevant to civil/drainage engineers, landscape architects, architects and flood risk managers working in client, consulting or contracting organisations, developers, local authorities, highway authorities, sewerage undertakers, environmental regulators and manufacturers and suppliers.
- gain an overview of best practice related to all aspects of SuDS construction from site planning to completion and handover
- understand typical challenges that can arise during construction, and how to avoid/overcome them
- hear examples of good and poor practice used to explain key issues
- understand the use of typical checklists for both interim site inspections and to enable completed SuDS to be evaluated prior to handover
- share experiences and knowledge with our expert trainers and other delegates
- obtain CPD accreditation by attending a nationally recognised SUDS training course.
This course has a value of 6 hours towards your CPD. Certificates will be sent to delegates following completion.
This training will be delivered via Zoom sessions.
If you are unable to book online, please complete and return the booking form to Sarah Macpherson by email.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Tel: 020 7549 3300
Fax: 020 7549 3349