£550 + VAT (£660) full CIRIA member/SMEs/Local Authority member
£650 + VAT (£780) Non members
The fees above cover ALL four trainer led live online sessions.
SMEs/Local Authority staff must download a booking form to register
6-9 February 2023. 09:15-12:45 daily
Delegates must complete all sessions to gain 12 hours of CPD in total.
Delegates are advised to login 15 mins before each session. Joining
instructions with reading materials and delegate packs (pdfs) will be
issued in advance of the course.
Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) make a vital contribution to managing local flood risk and water quality whilst providing opportunities for biodiversity and amenity. Following the Ministerial Statement (Dec 2014), SuDS are expected in all new major developments. Over time knowledge and experience has improved and this training will share the latest good practice in the delivery of high quality multi-benefits SuDS.
This course has been developed to complement CIRIA’s SuDS guidance - The SuDS Manual (C753) . The training programme will enable practitioners to efficiently plan, design, construct and manage SuDS schemes.
Who should attend?
This informative and interactive course will be relevant to civil/drainage engineers, landscape architects, architects and flood risk managers working in client, consulting or contracting organisations, developers, local authorities, highway authorities, sewerage undertakers, environmental regulators and manufacturers and suppliers.
Delegates should already have completed CIRIA’s SuDS foundation course or be familiar with the drivers and benefits as well as the SuDS components and basic principles. Delegates should also be comfortable with basic maths and working on group exercises.
Why should you attend?
- gain insight into current requirements of regulatory authorities
- understand key objectives and principles learning how to apply the SuDS approach using case studies delivered by the trainers
- learn good practice design approaches
- learn how to design SuDS for difficult sites
- learn how to design high quality and cost effective SuDS
- quiz our expert trainers (a landscape architect and engineer) and network with fellow professionals with diverse experiences in the design and delivery of SuDS
- obtain CPD accreditation by attending a nationally recognised SuDS training course.
This course has a value of 12 hours towards your CPD. Certificates will be sent to delegates following completion.
- SuDS principles refresher
- The SuDS Design process - considering the key aspects of concept and outline SuDS design
- Estimating flows and storage requirements for SuDS. Overview and insight into analysis of green and brownfield runoff; simply defining required storage for design; requirements for betterment on redevelopment sites; suitable calculation tolerances and designing for exceedance.
- Worked example - developing an outline SuDS design with detailed considerations of subcatchment definition, flow route analysis, sizing of flow controls, placement / regulation of storage hierarchy, defining requirements for treatment and SuDS component selection.
- Water quality
- Designing for amenity and safety
- Worked examples - detailed design considerations and worked processes for permeable pavement, swales, pond and wetland design.
- Open forum discussion on key issues for the delegates
- Managing SuDS and key maintenance considerations
- Case study - demonstrating how SuDS can be applied in a high density residential setting
Delegates should already have completed CIRIA’s SuDS Foundation course or be familiar with the drivers, benefits and principles of SuDS design. Delegates should also be comfortable with basic maths.
Delivered online as live training sessions through Zoom.
If you are unable to book online, please email the completed booking form to Nipa Patel.
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you
are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book this training
course please email your request to [email protected] in the first instance.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Email: [email protected]