susdrain SuDS Champions Awards 2023
Join this celebratory event to discover who will be crowned winners of the susdrain SuDS Champions Awards 2023.
We're delighted to reveal the individuals and teams in the running for the susdrain SuDS Champions Awards.
SuDS are often implemented due to the ability of champions who inspire, inform and influence others to get on board, share good practice, and deliver good SuDS. The susdrain SuDS Champions Awards 2023 celebrate individuals and teams who have demonstrably gone the ‘extra mile’ to deliver and encourage the uptake of SuDS.
This year, susdrain will recognise:
This is a fantastic opportunity for professionals to be recognised for their achievements in SuDS. Join us on 13 July in Edinburgh or online to celebrate their success!
- ‘Rising stars’ of the SuDS world
- Experienced SuDS professionals
- Outstanding SuDS teams
Who should attend
- Recognise industry leaders and rising stars in the SuDS community
- Celebrate the achievements of individuals and teams who champion and deliver high quality SuDS
- Discover how SuDS professionals are rising to the challenge of developing more sustainable and attractive places with well managed surface water
- Share good practice and take inspiration from adoptable ideas
- Earn valuable CPD
- susdrain partners and supporters
- Anyone involved in SuDS promotion or delivery including:
- SuDS approvers from local authorities and water and sewerage companies
Developers (commercial and domestic)
- Designers (engineers, landscape architects)
- those from related fields such as highway engineers and linear asset operators
- those involved in community SuDS schemes (e.g. NGOs such as Rivers Trusts, Groundwork or schools and Parish Council members).
- SuDS champions
- Local authorities
- Lead Local Flood Authorities
- Drainage engineers
- Land agents
- Representatives of Government departments interested in SuDS
- Trade bodies
12:00 Networking lunch
13:00 Visit to SuDS projects in Edinburgh
15:30 Coffee break
16:00 Welcome and introduction to Edinburgh and SuDS
Stephen Knox, Services Manager – Structures & Flood Management,
The City of Edinburgh Council
Ujwala Fernandes, Regional Director – Landscape & Urban Design, Atkins
16:20 Welcome from susdrain
Graham Fairhurst, Chair, susdrain Project Steering Group
Adrien Baudrimont, Research Manager, CIRIA
16:30 What being a SuDS Champion means to me: previous winners share
susdrain SuDS Champion 2022 – Rising Star
Josh Rutherford, Senior Flood Risk Engineer, Systra
(formerly Drainage Engineer, Atkins)
susdrain SuDS Champion 2022 – Outstanding Team
Amanda McDermott, Slow the Flow and
Bill and Elizabeth Blackledge, West Wolds Slow the Flow
17:00 SuDS Champions Awards presentations
Dr Andy Moores, Research Director, CIRIA
17:30 Networking drinks
Thursday 13 July 2023
Hybrid event in Edinburgh and online
- 12:00 – 19:00, SuDS tour and susdrain SuDS Champions Awards 2023 (in person)
- 16:00 – 17:30, susdrain SuDS Champions Awards 2023 (online)
253 High Street
susdrain partners and supporters Free to attend
CIRIA members Free to attend
Non-members Free to attend
Please sign in or create an account to register online for this event.
If you are experiencing issues registering online, please complete and return the booking form to Charlotte Draper.
Alternatively please contact us on 07933 181 765 or email our Customer Services team.
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event. The link to attend the webinar is strictly personal and should not be shared.
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only.
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book onto this event please email your request to [email protected] and we will respond in the first instance.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Telephone: 07933 181 765
Email: [email protected]