susdrain SuDS Awards 2022 winners' showcase
Our third bi-annual susdrain SuDS Awards 2022 celebrated outstanding projects across the UK. Join us to hear the winners discuss their projects in more detail.
Since 2018, susdrain has been celebrating outstanding SuDS projects and recognising SuDS Champions who are instrumental in delivering exceptional SuDS. The Awards provide a platform to share the good practice, multi-beneficial SuDS, and recognise high-quality planning, design, construction and maintenance of sustainable drainage.
Congratulations to all of this year's susdrain SuDS Award winners and susdrain SuDS Champions!
During the awards ceremony, the finalists showcased key elements of their schemes. This two-part webinar series provides a unique opportunity to get the inside track on the winning projects with in-depth case studies presented by the teams involved. Join us to learn more about their SuDS initiatives.
This first webinar will showcase the following winning projects about which the judges commented:
Early Housing Scheme Not Yet Developed Winner 2022
Fourfields, Cheshunt submitted by Refolo Landscape Architects
Community SuDS Winner 2022
- This is telling the story of SuDS within the design and cleverly reduces the consented drainage from 5l/s to 2.5 l/s.
Kinross Raingardens submitted by The Kinross-shire Civic Trust
Overall Winner 2022 and Catchment-based Solutions Winner 2022
- Love the way the project focused as a raingardens challenge to raise awareness.
- Different to usual small-scale community projects.
- Longitudinal monitoring is unusual and praiseworthy.
- Tackling diffuse pollution given prominence.
- Engagement achieved despite COVID.
Moore Brook Green Link submitted by London Borough of Enfield
Click here to discover which award-winning SuDS projects will be featured in the final webinar on 11 October 2022.
- Really good range of features in dense urban context.
- Range of issues to balance providing attractive new healthy environments.
- We need more of this!
Who should attend
- Gain more insight into award-winning SuDS delivery including the design philosophy and process.
- Understand what constitutes a successful SuDS scheme from replicable case studies.
- Discover how SuDS professionals are rising to the challenge of delivering SuDS and attractive places.
- Earn valuable CPD.
- Engineering consultants
- Architects and designers
- Urban designers
- Landscape architects
- Local planning authority SuDS approvers
- Members of lead local flood authorities
- Drainage engineers
- Highway engineers
- Water companies
- Tier 1 and 2 contractors
- Professional bodies
- Local community groups involved in SuDS
- Anyone with an interest in SuDS
Tuesday 27 September 2022
14:00 – 16:00
14:00 Welcome and introduction
Dr Louise Walker, Senior Research Manager, CIRIA
14:10 Early Housing Scheme Not Yet Developed Winner 2022
Cristina Refolo, Director, Refolo Landscape Architects
14:30 Community SuDS Winner 2022
Brian D'Arcy, Consultant, The Kinross-shire Civic Trust
14:50 Overall Winner 2022 and Catchment-based Solutions Winner 2022
Moore Brook Green Link
Jamie Kukadia, Senior Engineer, Watercourses Team, Enfield Council
15:10 susdrain SuDS Champion 2022 - Rising Star
Josh Rutherford, Drainage Engineer, Atkins
15:30 Interactive discussion and Q&A
15:55 Closing remarks
susdrain partners and supporters Free to attend
CIRIA members Free to attend
Non-members Free to attend
Please sign in or create an account to register online for this event.
If you are experiencing issues registering online, please complete and return the booking form to James Nguyen.
Alternatively please contact us on 07933 181 765 or email our Customer Services team.
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event. The link to attend the webinar is strictly personal and should not be shared.
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only.
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book onto this event please email your request to [email protected] and we will respond in the first instance.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Telephone: 07933 181 765
Email: [email protected]