This year the Awards will be a hybrid event, with susdrain members and Awards finalists gathering at our venue in Sheffield and a live broadcast of the event via MS Teams.
susdrain has been providing reward for outstanding SuDS projects and recognising SuDS Champions who are instrumental in delivering exceptional SuDS since 2018. The Awards provide a platform to share the best SuDS that have been implemented over the last four years, recognising high-quality planning, design, construction and maintenance of sustainable drainage.
We have increased the number of Awards categories to nine this year to reflect the growing SuDS community and breadth of work being undertaken. The ‘overall winner’ Award will be presented to the scheme which is most effectively delivering SuDS that provide multiple benefits.
Submit your entry to the susdrain SuDS Awards 2022 by 5pm on 31 May.
New housing development
1. Single house to small development with well thought out, good practice SuDS
2. Larger housing development (more than ten units) with SuDS masterplanned from the earliest stages
3. Campus developments with their own challenges and opportunities
4. Early schemes which are not yet completed but with a firm commitment to deliver and maintain high quality SuDS
New commercial development
5. Any type of commercial/industrial development (large or small) that highlights good practice SuDS
6. Celebrating the work of communities in creating and/or managing good SuDS
Regeneration and retrofit : demonstrating how SuDS improve existing places and spaces
7. Small scale (less than one hectare)
8. Large scale (greater than one hectare)
Catchment based solutions
9. Big picture, multiple and integrated surface water management solutions
susdrain SuDS Champions 2022
SuDS are often implemented due to the ability of a single champion or effective team to inspire, inform and influence others, share good practice, and deliver SuDS. This award will be presented to individuals or a team who have demonstrably gone ‘the extra mile’ to deliver and encourage the uptake of SuDS.
Nominate your SuDS Champions from the following categories by 5pm on 31 May.
1. Established SuDS professional
2. SuDS rising star
3. Outstanding team
- Discover imaginative SuDS delivering multiple benefits
- Learn how projects were implemented and difficulties overcome
- Support the delivery of exceptional SuDS and the sharing of share good practice
- Find out how SuDS professionals are rising to the challenge of developing more sustainable and attractive places
- Celebrate SuDS champions Champions and great SuDS schemes
- Earn valuable CPD
Who should attend
- Engineering consultants
- Architects and designers
- Urban designers
- Landscape architects
- Local planning authority SuDS approvers
- Members of lead local flood authorities
- Drainage engineers
- Highway engineers
- Water companies
- Tier 1 and 2 contractors
- Professional bodies
- Local community groups involved in SuDS
14:30 susdrain SuDS Awards 2022 (hybrid)
17:00 Networking drinks reception (in-person only)
Thursday 14 July 2022
14:30 – 17:00
Online and in Sheffield
3 St Paul’s Place
susdrain partners and supporters Free to attend
CIRIA members Free to attend
Non-members Free to attend
Please sign in or create an account to register online for this event.
If you are experiencing issues registering online, please complete and return the booking form to James Nguyen.
Alternatively please email [email protected]
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event.
The link to attend the webinar is strictly personal and should not be shared.
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only.
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book onto this event please email your request to [email protected] and we will respond in the first instance.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Email: [email protected]