The BIG Biodiversity Challenge is an initiative which aims to raise awareness of the need for biodiversity to become a key component within the construction and development industry, ensuring that it becomes an integrated part of planning and projects.
Now in its sixth year, the Challenge continues to be recognised as the number one industry initiative for delivering biodiversity within construction and the built environment. Since its launch in 2013 the Challenge is proving that year on year, the industry excels in going that extra mile to “do one thing” to enhance biodiversity.
This event will:
- Showcase leading practice from the BIG Biodiversity Challenge Award shortlist and winners
- Raise awareness of the importance of protecting and enhancing biodiversity in construction
- Provide an opportunity to highlight your organisations commitment to protecting and enhancing biodiversity
- Provide an opportunity to network with regulators, clients, contractors and advisors from across the industry
- Learn from two leading industry experts.
17.30 Registration & refreshments
18:25 Keynote presentations & Awards ceremony
Opening address – Dirk Vennix, Chief Executive, CIRIA
18:30 Keynote address – Dr Hazel Norman, Chief Executive, British Ecological Society
18.45 Keynote address – Tom Armour, Global Landscape Architecture Leader, Arup
19.00 Awards presentations: MC - Dusty Gedge, President European Green Roof & Wall Association
20.00 Networking reception
Who should attend
Architects, Clients, Consultants, Contractors, Developers, House Builders, Local Authorities, Regulators, Ecologists, Landscape Architects
Thursday 12th September 2019
17:30 - 21:15
Hallam Conference Centre
44 Hallam Street
London W1W 6JJ
£95+VAT for all attendees
Please sign in or create an account to register for this event.
If you are experiencing issues registering for this event online please contact us on
020 7549 3300 or email email@example.com.
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Tel: 020 7549 3300
Fax: 020 7549 3349