Introduction to Contaminated Land - Detoxified! - online training
Recent government policy encouraging redevelopment on brownfield sites and the rising number of land regeneration projects in the UK has resulted in construction professionals being required to know how to deal with soil contamination.
This industry leading online training course will give you an excellent understanding of contaminated land legislation, liabilities and technical matters.
Packed full of authoritative guidance, this course offers flexibility and exceptional value for money
This online training brings together:
- authoritative guidance building on CIRIA’s extensive published guides, and documents from other organisations such as EA, BSI, NHBC, etc
- a way of developing from foundation-level to a more advanced stage of understanding of brownfield and contaminated land legislation, liabilities and technical details
- a flexible approach to learning, so that you can learn at your own pace and at a time that suits you which will support face-to-face training courses and other more tradition learning methods. The etraining also includes a quiz at the end of each of the four modules to test your understanding of what you have learnt
exceptional value for money
- the equivalent of 35 hours study at a cost comparable with many courses / events
Who should attend
This training course is essential for graduates and professionals who have limited experience in assessing and managing risk on brownfield sites. The course will benefit experienced contaminated land professionals who are looking to renew their knowledge.
Why should you attend?
After studying this course you will:
- understand UK contaminated land related legislation, policies and good practice guidance
- understand how to obtain permits needed for contaminated land projects
- ensure you are compliant with current procedures thereby avoiding prosecution
- understand the needs of your clients, lenders, funders, regulators and legal professionals who work with you on contaminated land projects
- be able to improve the way that you assess and remediate contaminants such as asbestos, hazardous ground gases, etc.
- have access to current good practice guidance ,those published by CIRIA and other organisations
- gain 35 hours of CPD accreditation. ICE, CIOB, RICS, CIBSE, IStructE.
£165+VAT for CIRIA members,LACL and BRMF members
How to book
£275+VAT for Non members
There is an additional charge for any extensions to the course, up to a maximum of four weeks. See terms and conditions for more information.
Special rates are available when booking 50+ courses in one transaction. For more information contact Joanne Kwan: [email protected].