CIRIA is pleased to announce the launch of a new one day training course for SuDS Evaluation.
Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) make a vital contribution to managing local flood risk and water quality whilst providing opportunities for biodiversity and amenity.
Who should attend
This training course explores the linkages between the National Planning Policy Framework and the Non-statutory Technical Standards (NSTS) for SuDS. The trainers will describe the various elements of SuDS design in an uncomplicated manner to ensure that everyone in the review process can have base understanding of what to ask for. The trainers will also debunk myths relating to the commonly cited reasons for developers not being able to deliver good SuDS. The course will focus on critical aspects of the review process to ensure that schemes have been evaluated in a time efficient manner.
This informative and interactive course will be relevant to those who evaluate SuDS or whose remit is impacted by SuDS as part of the planning process and those wishing to gain a better understanding of what is involved in the evaluation process. For example, those involved in urban design, landscape, ecology, sustainability, and those who evaluate planning applications and need to know how SuDS will impact on their remit.
Why should you attend
The course will allow you to:
• understand what high-quality SuDS look like and how they can deliver multiple benefits
• be confident in evaluating SuDS that deliver water quality, amenity and biodiversity benefits.
• understand the roles and responsibilities involved in SuDS evaluation process and how this links to high-quality SuDS delivery.
• gain the confidence to challenge applicants and designers where SuDS designs are not in compliance with NPPF or NSTS.
• quiz our expert trainers (a landscape architect and civil engineer) and network with fellow professionals with diverse experiences in the design and delivery of SuDS
• earn valuable CPD.
Prior to registering for this training we advise delegates to have a basic understanding of SuDS from attending the SuDS foundation course, or equivalent. Delegates are also advised to read Chapter 1 of The SuDS Manual (C753) which is free to download from the CIRIA bookshop and please do visit the susdrain website ahead of the training.
Course content and format of training
The course will be delivered by a team of nationally recognised SuDS practitioners who have practical experience of implementing SuDS in a variety of developments along with undertaking detailed review of SuDS as part of the planning process. Course content will be interactive and will include a number of demonstrative group exercises and case studies.
How will you benefit?
This training will allow delegates to gain confidence in evaluating SuDS that deliver water quality, amenity and biodiversity benefits.