Annual Debate 2018
CIRIA is currently seeking industry input and support for the 2018 debate. To find out more or get involved please contact William Gates
Annual Debate 2017
Following the success of CIRIA's inaugural debate in June 2016
, CIRIA held its second Annual Debate, Sustainable Cities - Is there a future? Is it green?
on Thursday 22 June 2017 at the Royal Society in London. The debate brought together a highly regarded panel of experts to discuss the current issues of environmental sustainability in a new Urban Era.
Attracting professionals from across the engineering and built environment sector, the event explored the 21st century challenges of balancing economic growth, environmental protection and social inclusion for future cities and infrastructure systems.
- Prof Peter Head CBE, Founder & Chief Executive Officer of the Ecological Sequestration Trust (Debate chair)
- Sally Uren, Chief Executive, Forum for the Future
- Professor Steffen Lehmann, Professor of Sustainable Architecture and Founding Director of the Cluster for Sustainable Cities, University of Portsmouth
- Malcolm Smith, Arup Fellow – Masterplanning and Urban Design, Arup
- Sarah Toy, Bristol City Council