Hazardous ground gas - a site management guide (C801)
Available only as a PDF
This site guide provides a non-technical introduction to ground gas. It explains the various sources and types of ground gas which can result in some development sites requiring ground gas protection measures.
The focus of the guide is to provide practical advice to site-based staff on how to manage the successful construction of ground gas protection measures in new buildings. It includes:
- construction phase checklists
- verification phase checklists
- strategies for preventing post-construction damage.
It is intended that the checklists provided in this guide can be printed and used on site to ensure that:
- the correct ground gas protection measures are installed, consistent with the design report and/or construction drawings for the development
- the gas protection measures are validated correctly, to the satisfaction of all stakeholders
- gas protection measures are not damaged post installation.
Author: Mortimer, S, Wilson, S, Corban, M
Number of pages: 55
Date of Publication: December 2021
Discounted member price: £
You could save