EO & InSAR for infrastructure - new CIRIA guidance
Join us for the launch of CIRIA’s new, highly anticipated, good practice guide 'Earth observation and InSAR techniques for infrastructure’.
Earth Observation (EO) encompasses an extremely broad suite of technologies that have come of age over the past 15 years and are expanding into a new era of cloud processing, very high resolution and near real-time service delivery. Technological improvements have brought spaceborne EO data products to the point where their spatial and temporal resolutions are of immediate relevance and benefit to the infrastructure community. Infrastructure asset stakeholders can now make use of the globally available cost-effective spaceborne solutions to address their need to map, measure and monitor multi-scale, rapidly changing and spatially complex assets of all kinds. To fully capitalise on these EO solutions, their benefits and the necessary steps for their uptake need to be clear and readily understandable to the asset owner, ie access and adoption need to be as easy and practicable as possible.
These guidelines are aimed at improving accessibility to EO technology by providing an understanding of techniques and products, as applied to infrastructure management.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Susan Richards.
- Gain insight from the project team as they provide an overview of the guide and its findings
- Learn why the new guidance is essential to the infrastructure asset management industry
- Hear how EO and InSAR can be strategically used to aid the efficient management of infrastructure assets and see a snapshot of industry case studies
- Participate in a live Q&A session with the authors and speakers
- Earn valuable CPD
Who should attend
- Asset owners, engineers and other stakeholders involved in the life cycle of infrastructure assets, particularly those responsible for planning, design, construction, management, operations and maintenance.
- Senior decision makers from a non-technical background.
- Organisations part of a supply chain providing services to national infrastructure clients.
- Those responsible for Earth observation & InSAR policies.
Friday 24 February 2023
09:30 – 11:30
09:30 Welcome and introduction
Jack Young, Project Manager, CIRIA
09:35 Setting the scene & government perspective
Iain McKenzie, Principal Geotechnical Engineer, Welsh Government
09:45 InSAR collaboration - National Highways, AECOM & Arup
James Codd, Associate Director Ground Engineering, AECOM
10:00 Earth observation & InSAR techniques for infrastrcture
Philippa Mason, Senior Lecturer & Lead Author, Imperial College
London and Núria Devanthéry Arasa, InSAR Technical Manager,
10:30 Interactive discussion and Q&A
11:00 Closing remarks
CIRIA members Free to attend
Non-members £75.00 + VAT
Please sign in or create an account to register online for this event.
If you are experiencing issues registering online, please complete and return the booking form to Charlotte Draper.
Alternatively please call 07933 181 765 or email our customer services team.
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event. The link to attend the webinar is strictly personal and should not be shared.
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only.
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book onto this event please email your request to [email protected] and we will respond in the first instance.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Telephone: 07933 181 765
Email: [email protected]