£300 + VAT (£360) full CIRIA member and LACL members
£350 + VAT (£420) Non members
Please note: LACL members are entitled to claim a limited number of FREE places on this training. Please email email@example.com to apply. Bookings will be limited to 1 per LACL member organisation on a first come first served basis.
Notice for new bookings from EU/EEA customers only
CIRIA is currently unable to directly process your transaction if you are purchasing from the EU/EEA region. If you wish to book this training course please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
23-24 February 2021
09.15 – 12.30 Zoom sessions daily
Delegates must attend both sessions to gain 6hrs CPD.
The presence of ground gases sometimes requires that gas protection measures are required to be installed in existing buildings. BS8485 does not cover gas protection to existing buildings and, apart from radon, there is limited guidance available on retrofitting gas protection in the UK.
CIRIA's forthcoming publication Retrofitting hazardous ground gas protection measures in existing or refurbished buildings C795 provides guidance to risk assessors and designers involved in this field. The course is based on the new guidance and other relevant guidance on retrofitting gas protection.
Who should attend
Consultants , Contractors, Clients, Local Authorities, Regulatory bodies including Environment Agency, SEPA, NRW and NIEA.
- understand the risk assessment process for retrofitting.
- learn options appraisal to allow the most appropriate option to be chosen Understand the full range of options available and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- discover how other building performance requirements such as water and damp penetration, condensation, fire resistance, structural performance and disabled access should be considered as part of the retrofit design.
- understand the differences required in how verification is carried out for retrofit project.
- share experiences and knowledge with our expert trainers and other delegates
- gain CPD.
This course has a value of 6 hours towards your CPD. Certificates will be sent to delegates following completion.
This training will be delivered via Zoom sessions.
If you are unable to book online, please complete and return the booking form to Sarah.Macpherson by email.
To claim a FREE LACL member place please email email@example.com. Bookings will be limited to 1 per LACL member organisation on a first come first served basis.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Tel: 020 7549 3300
Fax: 020 7549 3349