An effective site investigation can help minimise the risk of encountering “unforeseen” ground conditions and improve the viability of the entire redevelopment project.
Non intrusive site investigation has been applied in many construction sites for different reasons e.g. land contamination and other issues. e.g. archaeological surveys While our understanding of risk assessment has improved over the years, has there been much real ‘innovation’ in non intrusive methods? If we don’t advise clients about or promote existing innovative techniques, how can we encourage more new approaches in the future?
This event will:
- Give insight into the more conventional methods e.g. geophysics, drone and other innovative non-intrusive site investigation including their cost and benefits
- Understand how these approaches could be applied in real projects and provide examples of their successful use
- Explore what the future ‘trends’ in geo-environmental and geotechnical site investigation are
- Provide you with the opportunities to meet and network with specialists and clients alike
09.30 Registration and refreshments
10.20 Innovative geophysical techniques when GPR will not suffice
Simon Hughes, Terradat
10.40 The Quantum Sensors for Site Investigation
Nicole Metje, Birmingham University and George Tuckwell, RSK
11.00 Non-Intrusive risk management in ground investigation
Oliver Chrisp, AECOM
11.20 Questions and discussion on “Non-Intrusive SI methods can have real benefits
13.00 Application of drones in site investigation
- The benefits of hyper-spectral sensor technology in assessing contaminated land
as a non-intrusive innovative SI method Dr Adrian Punt, TexoDrone
- Subsurface modelling – Avoiding unnecessary ground investigation and improving
interpretation confidence Raife Crooks, T & P Regeneration
14.00 Questions and discussion
Who should attend
- Clients and developers
- Site investigation specialists
- Contractors (including specialist contractors)
- Regulators(including LA)
Sponsorship package is available. If interested, please contact Joanne Kwan (email@example.com)
Tuesday 18th June 2019
10:00 - 15:00 (Registration from 09:30)
15 Long Lane
London EC1A 9PN
£95+VAT for ALL attendees
Please sign in or create an account to register for this event.
The event confirmation will be sent 10 days prior to the event.
If you are experiencing issues registering for this event online please contact us on
020 7549 3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Tel: 020 7549 3300
Fax: 020 7549 3349