An effective site investigation can help minimise the risk of encountering “unforeseen” ground conditions and improve the viability of the entire redevelopment project.
Non intrusive site investigation has been applied in many construction sites for different reasons e.g. land contamination and other issues. e.g. archaeological surveys While our understanding of risk assessment has improved over the year, has there been much real ‘innovation’ in non intrusive methods? If we don’t educate clients on and promote existing innovative techniques, how can we encourage more new approaches in the future?
This event will:
- Give insights into the more unconventional methods e.g. geophysics, drone and other innovative non-intrusive site investigation including their cost and benefits
- Understand how these approaches could be applied in real projects and provide examples of their successful use
- Explore what are the future ‘trends’ in geo-environmental and geotechnical site investigation
- Provide your business with opportunities to meet and network with specialists and clients
09.30 Registration and refreshments
10.20 The use of non-invasive techniques, a client’s point of view –
Speaker to be confirmed
10.40 Innovative geophysical techniques when GPR will not suffice -
Simon Hughes Terradat
11.00 The Quantum Sensors for Site Investigation -
George Tuckwell, RSK and Nicole Metje, University of Birmingham
11.20 Questions and discussion on “Non-Intrusive SI methods can have real benefits
13.00 Non-Intrusive risk management in ground investigation -
Oliver Crisp, AECOM
13.20 Application of drones in site investigation
- The benefits of hyperspectral sensor technology in assessing contaminated land's a non-intrusive innovative SI method
- Subsurface modelling – Avoiding unnecessary ground investigation and improving interpretation confidence.
14.20 Questions and discussion
Who should attend
- Clients and developers
- Site investigation specialists
- Contractors (including specialist contractors)
- Regulators(including LA)
Sponsorship package is available. If interested, please contact Joanne Kwan
Wednesday 6th November 2019
10:00 - 15:00
One St Peter's Square,
Manchester, M2 3DE,
LACL and BRMF members: Free
All other attendees: £95 + VAT
Please sign in or create an account to register for this event.
LACL and BRMF members: please note only 2 free tickets are available per company.
If you are experiencing issues registering for this event online please contact us on
020 7549 3300 or email email@example.com.
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event
Terms and Conditions
Click here for details of our terms and conditions that will apply.
For further information on CIRIA membership and other services, please contact:
Tel: 020 7549 3300
Fax: 020 7549 3349