The BIG Biodiversity Challenge is an initiative which aims to raise awareness of the need for biodiversity to become a key component within the construction and development industry, ensuring that it becomes an integrated part of planning and projects.
The challenge continues to be recognised as the number one industry initiative for delivering biodiversity within construction and the built environment. Since its launch in 2013 the Challenge is proving that year on year, the industry excels in going that extra mile to “do one thing” to enhance biodiversity.
This event will:
- Showcase leading practice from the BIG Biodiversity Challenge Award shortlist and winners
- Raise awareness of the importance of protecting and enhancing biodiversity in construction
- Provide an opportunity to highlight your organisations commitment to protecting and enhancing biodiversity
- Provide an opportunity to network with regulators, clients, contractors and advisors from across the industry
- Learn from two leading industry experts.
17.30 Registration, refreshments & networking
18:30 Opening address – Dirk Vennix, CIRIA
18:35 Keynote address – Dusty Gedge, President of European Federation of
Green Roof and Wall Associations
18:45 Keynote address – Peter Head, Founder and CEO,
Ecological Sequestration Trust
18.55 Awards presentations introduction Leonie Cooper, AM
London Assembly Member, Merton & Wandsworth
20.00 Networking reception
We are thrilled to receive support from Berkeley Group, British Land, Landsec, Kier, Sir Robert McAlpine and overall prize sponsor Wildflower Turf.
Who should attend?
Architects, Clients, Consultants, Contractors, Developers, House Builders, Local Authorities, Regulators, Ecologists, Landscape architects
12 September 2018
Date and time
17.30 - 21.15
£60+VAT for ALL attendees
Royal College of Physicians
11 St Andrew’s Place, Regents Park, London