Project Support Officer
CIRIA is a not-for-profit member organisation with a friendly and collaborative culture. CIRIA operates across a wide range of disciplines relating to the infrastructure and built environment sectors. We specialise in knowledge transfer activities including the publication of guidance, websites, webinars, events, training and awards. Our approach is collaborative, bringing together various stakeholders from Government, industry and academia. Our focus areas bridge science and evidence, policy and good practice. Our outputs are acknowledged as being authoritative and independent, many being applied internationally.
CIRIA has a Head Office in Barbican, London but we are moving to a more dispersed way of working as a consequence of Covid-19. Although a London base is preferred, this role can be based anywhere in the country, with an expectation of some travel to London and possibly other UK cities as required.
This role reports directly to the Research Director and is a new position in our structure. A flexible can-do attitude, good organisation skills and a willingness to learn will all be important traits. The ability to identify improvements and work independently to deliver them will be critical.
Your work will involve:
• Reviewing our existing project lifecycle to identify the systems, processes and templates we need to improve delivery efficiency.
• Owning and controlling our project processes and ensuring they are accessible, version controlled, understood and used by our project managers.
• Liaising with colleagues in finance, publishing, marketing, membership and events to coordinate the flow of project information through regular reporting. This will likely extend to helping develop reporting mechanisms for some our key external members.
• Assisting in the implementation of systems to support consistent project information to better track progress.
• Helping with project delivery and promotion including helping to run steering groups, organising events, maintaining web content and producing briefings.
The work provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight across the industry, build and grow a network with topic area experts and to make a real difference to industry performance both in the UK and further afield.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Qualifications and Experience
• have an understanding of project management - ideally with a few years experience in a PMO
• experience of improving project management maturity in an organisation a key benefit
• a qualification in an engineering or scientific discipline desirable
• a recognised project management qualification (Prince2, APM etc) welcome
Delivery and time management
• Experience in managing their own time effectively across competing priorities
• The ability to quickly comprehend tasks and work independently to accomplish them
• An eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy and quality
Collaboration, communication and engagement
• Evidence of collaborating within and between teams
• Experience of communicating with a range of audiences
• Presentation skills – the ability to convey messages professionally through reporting
Technical and analytical skills
• A good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with databases or familiarity with project software a bonus
• An understanding of website maintenance advantageous.
• An ability to quickly grasp and resolve problems
Salary – £22k to £27k depending on experience
26 days holiday and 3 additional days to cover Christmas week office closure
Competitive Pension Scheme 8% Employer Contribution (5% Employee)
Flexible working location including home-based
Flexible working arrangements around core hours – we may consider a part-time contract for the right candidate
Private Health Insurance
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately we cannot sponsor visa applications.
Candidates available for immediate start are preferred
Candidates are invited to apply by 24 January 2022.
A copy of a job description is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and short covering email outlining the skills, experience and attributes which you can bring to the role and CIRIA and email this to email@example.com
No applications via agencies please.