Project Manager: Construction Research & Good Practice – Infrastructure
Manage a range of infrastructure related research and knowledge transfer projects to help improve the performance of the construction and built environment sectors
Can you use your knowledge and expertise to help define and deliver the needs of the infrastructure sector in the face of climate change, an ageing asset base and increasing demand?
CIRIA operates across a wide range disciplines relating to the infrastructure and built environment sectors. We specialise in knowledge transfer activities including publications, websites, webinars, events, training and awards. Our approach is collaborative, bringing together various stakeholders from Government, industry and academia. Our focus areas bridge science and evidence, policy and good practice. Our outputs are acknowledged as being authoritative and independent, many being applied internationally.
Your work will involve:
- Delivery of projects, including engaging and management with Advisory Panels and Project Steering Groups, managing contracted specialists producing high quality, nationally regarded publications and other outputs.
- Stakeholder engagement, helping us to understand and respond to the challenges faced by the industry, its clients and suppliers, and their needs for guidance and capacity building.
- Scoping out identified topics and securing the funding and resources to deliver a programme of activities in this area. Most CIRIA projects are collaboratively funded by the industry and its clients
- Promoting and managing dissemination and implementation of project outputs including events and training.
- Keeping abreast of emergent academic thinking and opportunities to deliver impact and embed research
The work provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight across the industry and to make a real difference to its performance.
Download a copy of the full job description.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Qualifications and Experience
- Have an appropriate degree or higher qualification, ideally with 5 years relevant industry experience
Project and time management
- Experience in managing projects across different stakeholder groups
- Strong time-management and planning skills
- Progress and budget monitoring
- Leading / facilitating groups or projects without direct line-management or contractual relationship
- Some involvement, of collaborative working to produce guidance
Communication and engagement
- Good writing/review skills and experience of writing/reviewing for particular audiences
- Engagement skills – The ability to create and maintain business relationships
- Presentation skills
- Business development skills – the ability to develop project proposals and secure project
Technical and analytical skills
- A sound understanding across a range of civil engineering disciplines.
- An awareness the key drivers and challenges facing the industry
- The ability to draw out, summarise and communicate key points from documents and discussions
- The ability to research specific issues on-line and directly with individuals and groups.
We would be particularly interested in hearing from you if you have significant experience of delivering or brokering collaborative industry – academic projects or other innovation-focused activities in the construction or related sectors.
Salary – £35k to £45k depending on experience plus benefits.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately we cannot sponsor visa applications.
Candidates available for immediate start are preferred
We intend to invite suitable candidates to interview as applications are received and so may appoint before the closing date.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and short covering email outlining the skills, experience and attributes which you can bring to the role and CIRIA and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
No applications via agencies please.