Project Manager - Sustainable Water Management
Salary – £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience plus benefits
Being a project manager at CIRIA enables you to develop and manage an interesting portfolio of collaborative projects to improve the performance of the construction and built environment sectors.
CIRIA operates across a wide range of sectors and disciplines relating to the construction and built environment sectors. We specialise in knowledge transfer activities including guidance publications, websites, webinars, events, training and awards. Our approach is collaborative, bringing together various stakeholders and disciplines. Our work bridges science, evidence, policy and good practice. Our activities are acknowledged as being authoritative and independent, many being applied internationally.
We are looking for a forward-thinking project manager with the passion to drive the development and delivery of sustainable water management projects at CIRIA. Working with key stakeholders in government, industry and academia to develop high quality outputs and initiatives that create, share and embed good practice. The role requires initiative, team-working and the commercial acumen to build successful business relationships that develop and sustain financially viable CIRIA research projects and programmes.
Sustainable Water management at CIRIA includes:
- Blue-green infrastructure
- Flood resilience
- Sustainable drainage systems and other surface water management
- Integrated water management
- Coastal and marine engineering
- Dams and reservoirs
- Rivers and waterways
- Water asset management
- Ports and harbours
Your work will involve:
- Scoping out topics, developing project ideas and securing the necessary funding and resources to deliver good practice. Most CIRIA projects are collaboratively funded by the industry.
- Delivery of projects, including engaging and management with Advisory Panels and Project Steering Groups, managing contracted specialists producing high quality outputs.
- Stakeholder engagement, helping us to understand opportunities and respond to the challenges faced by the industry and its needs for guidance and capacity building.
- Managing dissemination and the implementation of project outputs including events and training.
The work provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight across the industry and to make a real difference to its performance.
- have an appropriate degree with at around 5-10 years’ relevant industry experience
- be able to demonstrate excellent communications, inter-personal and organisational skills
- be comfortable working in topic areas and with a range of professionals from different disciplines relevant to the construction and built environment sectors.
More details are available in the job description - available on request.
The work provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight across the industry and to make a real difference in its performance.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Preference will be given to candidates available to start immediately.
How to apply
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter demonstrating why you would like the role and your competencies in:
- Project and time management
- Managing collaboration
- Communication and engagement
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills
Closing date for applications: 19 April 2021
Strictly NO agencies please.