This intensive two-day course has been developed to complement current Non-Statutory Technical SuDS Standards and the updated CIRIA 2015 version of the SuDS Manual (C753). The training programme will enable practitioners to confidently plan, design, construct and manage SuDS schemes.
Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) make a vital contribution to managing local flood risk and water quality as well as providing opportunities for biodiversity and amenity in new developments and redevelopments. SuDS are required in all new major developments and awareness by practitioners and regulators and their implementation is steadily increasing. Over time knowledge and experience has improved and it’s important that this good practice is shared to promote improved understanding and high quality SuDS that deliver multiple benefits.
Who should attend
This engaging course will be relevant to civil/drainage engineers, landscape architects, architects and flood risk managers working in client, consulting or contracting organisations, developers, local authorities, highway authorities, sewerage undertakers, environmental regulators and manufacturers and suppliers.
Why should you attend
- keep up-to-date with current legislation and requirements of regulatory authorities
- learn current design approaches
- understand key objectives and principles learning how to apply the SuDS approach using real life case studies
- learn how to design SuDS for difficult sites such as high density housing or contaminated industrial sites
- learn how to design SuDS that are robust and require low maintenance, and are safe
- benefit from and share experiences and knowledge with our expert trainers (a landscape architect and engineer) and the other delegates
- obtain CPD accreditation by attending a nationally recognised SuDS training course.
Delegates should already have completed CIRIA’s SuDS foundation course or be
familiar with the drivers and benefits as well as the SuDS components and basic
principles. Delegates should also be comfortable with basic maths and working on
Course content and format of training
The courses will build on the information presented in SUDS guidance and will cover strategic as well as practical issues of delivering SuDS in the built environment.
The courses will be delivered by a team of nationally recognised practitioners who have practical experience of implementing SuDS in a variety of developments. Course content will be interactive using a range of learning styles to engage and inspire participants and the courses will include a number of demonstrative group exercises and case studies. The use of design examples will be central to the courses. Each course is fully accredited for construction Continuing Personal and Professional Development (CPD) scheme.
How will you benefit?
This is one of the most comprehensive face-to-face learning courses of its kind in the UK and has been running for around a decade. During the training you will have an opportunity to network with fellow professionals and learn from practitioners with recognised experience in delivering SuDS.